Welcome!!!

I would like to welcome you to my sports blog where I will gladly give my opinion on a sports topic that my be headline news or a topic that might be small but interesting. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this blog and have a great day!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Great Start, Bad Finish

For the second straight day the tigers did good until the end of the game came near. Today Justin Verlander was having another dominate performance all the way up to the 7th inning. Verlander had allowed 5 hits and 3 walks, 0 earned runs and 13 strikeouts when he was pull out of the game with 2 outs remaining and 2 on base. After that, everything caved in and the tigers relief pitching allowed a six run inning to happen. It was very sad to see a performance like Verlander's go to waste but it does happen and all you can do afterward is ask questions on if it was the right decision to pull Verlander when Jim Leyland did. In my opinion they should have left him out there to finish off the inning and then change the pitcher. You could tell how disappointed he was when he was pulled. On the other hand, if Seay would have got the 2 outs with out allowing a run to score we would all be praising Leyland. I just wish it would have turned out better for Verlander and the tigers after last nights game.
Final- Detroit 5 Minnesota 6

No comments:

Post a Comment